Tuesday 7 August 2012

A Trio of Friendship Tree Cards

Thanks for calling in. I have  couple of blogs on the backburner but can't really publish them because they haven't been  sent out to the recipients yet.

I decided to treat myself to a day in my craftroom today. That sounds a bit grand but when my daughter left home we seemed to have a couple of rooms which we didn't use. Now as I have said many times, I am a messy crafter (there I've said it again) and so it seemed rather a good idea to move all my crafty bits in one place. My ever suffering hubby  sorted some shelving out and its all mine..... A space for me at last. I suspect Tim thought it was a good idea as it saves him picking up the sticky bits and clearing the table before he can eat.
So to get back to my story today I was going to spend the day in it.( the afore mentioned  craft room) well give or take a couple of washloads and a couple of meals oh and a visit to my Father in Law who lives in the village. 

Several weeks ago I downloaded some graphics from www.pinkpetticoat.co.uk Very simple black and white trees with simple greetings. Printed them out with my laser printer and foiled some of them.I decided to see what I could do first I coloured them in with either Gel Pens or Pro Markers.


A5 card embossed with Sissix Texturz plate and then mat and layered with Nestability labels 17. A few pearls to add interest and just a sprinkle of Glamour Dust.
This time I edged the card with Spellbinder Edgeabilities Classic Ric Rac. I also used insert A to emboss and cut out near the fold as well.A black and Gold Faux Ribbon through a  couple of the cut outs and a Marianne Design Flourish  and a few black gems to finish.

Nothing different its a pity you can't see the embossing of the plain card. Looks quite good.






No comments:

Post a Comment